During the month of October 2014, I am challenging myself to kickstart my blogging by posting a new blog each day. As a new mom, I am facing constant challenges, joys, ups and downs as a move through this new phase of my life.
Each week, I will be featuring a different aspect of my journey through new motherhood and sharing it with you all. I will be covering a variety of topics that I have encountered in the first three months of my son’s life. I do hope that you can relate to some of the things I talk about and can offer suggestions, encouragement, words of wisdom other bits of joy to share with me.
Week 1: October 1-7 The Adjustment Period
- The Birth Story
- Adjusting To New Roles
- Shopping With a Newborn
- Cooking and Cleaning
- Pets and the New Baby
- Babywearing 101
Week 2: October 8-14 Feeding the Baby
- Cloth or Disposable? Bottle or Breast? Mom Choices
- Nursing a Newborn
- Dealing with breastfeeding problems
- Thank God for Lactation Consultants
- Breastfriends Forever
- Nursing in Public
- Dealing With Critics
- Judging Mama’s
Week 3: October 15-21 Feeding Mama and the Rest of the Family
- Mama’s Nutrition
- High Quality H2O
- Meal Planning 101
- Farmer’s Market Shopping
- Coffee! Coffee!! Coffee!!!
- Building Healthy Family Habits
- Exercising With a Newborn
Week 4/5 October 22-31 Miscellaneous Mom Thoughts
- Research, Research, Research.
- New or Used? What I Will Buy Used and What MUST Be New
- How Baby Affects the Bottom Line
- Rolling With the Punches. When Things Don’t Go As Planned
- Finding New Friends & Losing Old Ones
- The Mom Bag/ Diaper Bag/ Breast Pump Bag/ The Lunch Box, etc
- How to Still Be You and Mom at the Same Time
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
- They’re Only Little for a Little While
- When Are You No Longer a Rookie?